Watercolor Custom Pet Portraits
1. Purchase the commission by choosing your size first. This holds your spot on Patrizia's calendar.
2. Email the following to email@example.com
- Size painting
- Provide 3-5 reference photos
- Provide other thoughts on what you are hoping from your commission. Please elaborate as much as necessary, as this information is critical to a successful commission.
- Colors you love
- Colors you want to avoid (this can be left blank though!)
- Specify whether or not this piece can be shown on Instagram/Facebook
3. Painting commences, typically within 4-6 weeks, or agreed upon time period. Painting is usually completed within 1 week of beginning.
5. Patrizia emails pencil sketch photos approximately at the beginning of the commission. Upon completion of the painting, Patrizia will send a final photo, and collector gives approval or minor edits. Any extensive edits (as judged extensive by the artist) beyond that are subject to a 10% additional fee.
6. Painting ships to collector! Woohoo!
7. IMPORTANT DATES: Christmas Commissions start in October, Commission Cut off Date for Christmas Orders is 10th November
Wait time during Christmas season: 6-9weeks
What is included in price: pet portraits on a white background
What costs extra: any other background like the beach or a trail, humans, children, inscription, more than one pet
Materials: Watercolor paints on Arches cold pressed paper, Daniel Smith and Winsor&Newton paints, DaVinci brushes
Countries: Paintings are only available to ship to U.S. and A.P.O. unless previously discussed with the collector
How to take a GREAT PHOTO of your pet?
- Set the camera at the highest resolution
- Make sure to clean your lance, no fingerprints!
- Choose close-up portrait style
- Whole face and neck are visible
- Avoid shadows
- Make sure there's no blur or grain
- The best shots are taken outside under natural lighting conditions especially for dark pets.
- Use treats if needed to make them sit still for at least 3 good pictures ;-)